ENGINEERING: HowTo - Increased Jump Range Frame Shift Drive - Farseer - #00025
So there's more range for my FSD? Which blueprint is it?
The blueprint we are using is FELICITY FARSEER'S 'INCREASED FSD RANGE' modification.
Improvement in percent can't be provided in a precise way as the real performance increase is largely dependent on your ship's mass and the frame shift drive of your ship type that's used.
You can expect at least 10% more jump range using a grade 1 modification (which is very easy to do).
A grade 2 modification should provide at least 20% more jump range.
Completing a grade 3 modification is equivalent to at least 30% more jump range.
At least 40% more jump range can be done with a grade 4 modification.
Master level - grade 5 - will provide at least 50% more jump range.
TL;DR? Add a zero to the grade of improvement done and you'll see the estimated percentage in improved jump range.
Here come the downsides: With each grade, your module will become heavier (up to +30% mass on grade 5 modifications).
In addition, your frame shift drive will lose a bit of integrity. This is of zero importance in regular usage. It will make your FSD fail after a shorter time than unmodified on longer exploration trips, though.
Should I go for a special effect?
Here comes the candy: With an additional 'experimental' effect called MASS MANAGER, you will increase your single jump range to a maximum of 60% improvement or even more!
All engineer blueprints (almost all...) come with experimental effects. Farseer's jump range improvement comes with several possible experimental effects (only one to be applied!):
- Deep Charge - Increases the maximum amount of fuel to be used on a single jump, which results in more jump range.
- Double Braced - Increases integrity by 25%, which can be useful in shieldless ships or ships that expect module damage. Great mod for long term exploration.
- Mass Manager - Increases jump range by increasing maximum mass. It's basically an extension of the 'more range' modifications.
- Stripped Down - Trying to create the lightest ship build possible? This is the way to reduce this module's mass by 10%.
- Thermal Spread - Frame Shift Drives create lots of heat when charged. Reduces heat creation by 10% (which is a lot). Exploration effect.
... read more on page 2